2006/12/02

Show Update! The Comas!

Even though the holidays are all over the place and my work situation is appearing to be a constant hell for the rest of eternity, I'm still finding time to, a) attend Thrashers games, and, b) even go to the occasional show. This week looks to be a little relaxing on the Thrashers front, but what I'm lacking with the Thrashers, I'm gaining in shows. As mentioned earlier, there is the AA Bondy/Duquette Johnston show at Bottletree Cafe in Birmingham on the 8th that I'll be attending. And there is also something else noteworthy that caught my eye last week, I totally forgot about it, and when I was printing out my calendar for next week, I suddenly realized what I was forgetting all this time.

And, wow, longest sentence ever. Or not.

Anyway, Wednesday night features the return of The Comas to Atlanta, and they are coming with bloggers' darlings Asobi Seksu to the Drunken Unicorn. Granted, I'm completely unfamilar with Asobi Seksu (but won't be after the gig), but I've known The Comas back to early '02 when they opened for the Breeders at the Echo Lounge during their comeback tour. Ever since that performance, I've attempted to follow the band as much as I could, getting their great albums A Def Needle in Tomorrow and Conductor, their most recent recording and possibly their best. Originally hailing from Chapel Hill, it seems as if they've relocated to New York and base themselves out of there. But I just love The Comas and hopefully they'll bring something new to the stage since it's been a while that Conductor's been out there.

For more on The Comas, check 'em out here:

website: http://www.thecomas.com/
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thecomas

On their myspace profile, "Tonight on the WB", "Invisible Drugs", and "Moonrainbow" are all noteworthy and definitely worth the listen, FYI.

Asobi Seksu / The Comas @ Drunken Unicorn, Atlanta - Wednesday, December 6 @ 9PM

No comments: