2007/12/04

WE WANT... A HIATUS?


Image courtesy of inkdesigner.


Well, well, well - look what's going on here!

The past month has been pretty intense here at Camp WWD. I went to a few shows in the past month (The Smashing Pumpkins mostly), went to a hockey game here and there, and definitely kept myself in the loop of all that is Thrashers hockey. Hell, I even attended a meeting here a few weeks ago to (hopefully!) participate in the volunteer program for the NHL All-Star Game next month.

What's really consuming everything is my upcoming wedding! Yeah, you heard it right - I'm happy to say that I'm getting married in February and that's what's had most of my attention for the past few weeks. Granted, we've been engaged since June, but the reality of it is starting to kick in and it seems like every decision is life-or-death at this point.

So while I hate to be completely slack-ass with my posting and the bloggings, right now the wedding is the absolute priority. I'd really love to update more about the resurgence of Le Thrash (who are now quite close the .500 level, yay!), the (hopeful) ascension of Ilya's All-Star status, the almighty Kari Lehtonen (!), or the shows I've attended in the past couple of weeks. Sooner or later I'll get to those kind of things.

What's certain to come before the new year is a list of my 10-20 absolute favorite songs that were released in 2007. I don't normally do "Best of" sort lists with albums, so I'll just post about songs that I actually love lots and possibly make a downloadable playlist for y'all to enjoy. Keep a lookout for that if that suits your fancy... and if you're like me, an die-hard fan of hockey and the indie rock.

But in the meantime, I can't be any more pleased with how the Thrashers have performed. Sure, the recent losses have soured things a bit, but who would've thought that this team would've dug themselves out of the oh-and-six hole that they dug themselves to start the season? I had plenty of faith in the Birds, but this kind of turn around was rather impressive and inspirational, even. And how ridiculous is Ilya Kovalchuk right now? I feel bad for anyone who ever has to face his shots this season, for reals!

Posts TK, pinky swear! I thought I'd take a minute (or, well, 10) to make a quick post about what's going in here at Camp WWD. The Camp is about to grow (with the wedding!) and we couldn't be more excited about that!

And you better believe that there's gonna be a groom's cake that's Thrashers themed.

LET'S GO THRASHERS!

1 comment:

Maali said...

the almighty Kari Lehtonen (!)

I totally giggled.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! My only questions is, WHO'S TAKING THE PICTURES?? :-D

OK maybe I skimmed your post - where is the Best Of list??