2007/01/05

Gretz, who's your money on tonight?

Here is something wonderful that is being put together especially for Thrashers bloggers, but also for bloggers in the Atlanta area, from the Atlanta Thrashers:

Basically, we are extending an invite to anyone with an Atlanta-area blog to join us at the arena, bring your laptop, and live blog your experience! This is an open invitation to anyone who enjoys writing about their lives, their favorite teams (hopefully us!), or their areas of expertise to come down and give your thoughts on a night at the rink, completely uncensored!


This is going to happen January 26, against the Islanders (uhh), and is looking to include the following:

- free entry to the game
- a tour of some of the highlights of the arena before game time
- a meal (free food - who can beat that!)
- a comfortable seat where you can use the arena's wireless to give commentary on the game as you watch it
- potential access to postgame coach press activities


Sure looks like a treat to me! Do I really have to say that I've put my name into the hat for this thing? I mean, c'mon now. I'll let you know how it pans out as more details come in, but how awesome!? I've always wondered about tours of Philips, and it was pretty cool to walk through the Thrashers' locker room during the Face Off event prior to the current season. I remember doing a behind-the-scenes tour of Madison Square Garden for a birthday way-back-when, and that seemed out of this world (especially when I was busy being a bandwagon-jumper and pulling for the Rangers when the Islanders were beyond repair, but shhhh!). To actually be into something like this, and know that everything for that night is being catered towards Thrashers fans... I couldn't ask for anything more. So we'll see what happens! Needless to say, I'm ecstatic!

More details can be found here, courtesy of the super-cool Blueland Blog. It's the fifth entry down, right after "Bits and Bites".

I'll be at the game tonight with some family members (and the ladyfriend, of course!), but I think I'm going to try out the new camera and see how well it works out. We have seats in 318, I believe, but we'll be right by the overhang, so our view of CuJo will be pretty good, to say the least. It's about time my girlfriend's family gets a taste of the Nasty Nest.

There was something else I was going to add, but I'm drawing a blank here. Eh... see y'all at the game! Recap either later on today or tomorrow evening!

No comments: