2006/08/02

ANGELA WHAT?!

Yeah, so tonite's PR episode was pretty good, don't ya think? Keith's manipulative takes on almost EVERYTHING made him seem like odd man out from the get-go. At a function this past weekend, a few PR-faithful discussed and theorized that Keith HAD to be the one to go. You had to know that something was up with his results from the first few challenges and the fact that he was just a menswear designer. He comes out SLAMMIN' these really basic (IMO), but pretty elegant garments and gets his ego instantly inflated. And now we know why. His attitude left much to be desired. While I can say that I am somewhat glad to see him gone from the show, I'd really hate to see his whole reputation tarnished... all due to his own volition. But he took massive gambles and paid the ultimate price. What I'm really curious about is the briefly-mentioned "disappearance" off-camera. It makes you wonder where he went, when, and what went on. Only Keith knows those answers... and even though they seem irrelevant now, questioning his actions makes for fantastic internet fodder! :P

From the negative comes the positive and all I can really say (along with the majority, I'm sure) is "ANGELA, WHAT?!" I really thought she'd pull out come crapper of an outfit and basically ride the coattails of whoever she was going to be with... you know, since she really specializes in these teamwork challenges (riiiiight). Picking ATL and Laura, she really couldn't go wrong. I just couldn't see fights ensue (i.e. episode 2) between them because Angela's partners were so dead-on. They tamed her down and couldn't have worked out better. I am definitely one who feels that she should've been Auf'd a couple of times already (and with there only being three prior episodes, that's pretty bad to say), but I feel that she really redeemed herself... at least her attitude with working with others. I still don't necessarily agree with her stylistic choices, but I guess that's what makes her tick. Michael and Laura really helped out and came through, as witnessed at the end of the episode.

What can't go without any mention is the effort Alison and Jeffrey put into Keith's design. While I really hated the top, the concept of the outfit was nice and I'm glad that they got rewarded with a second place finish. They could've turned the whole thing around and made it their own (any aspect of it), but they chose to remain true to Keith, which was nice to see... but I'm sure that time constraints played a role in that as well. Job well done to the two of those kids.

Not surprising to see Bonnie get the boot. I actually thought it would come down to her and Bradley, simply because of the pants that the judges hated and the pants that he worked on (even though it was still her design). What was surprising, however, was that the pre-challenge interviews featured both Bonnie and Robert mentioning how they should be so strong in this challenge because of their experience with Nike and Barbie, respectively. Funny how things work out, you know? Conversely from Keith, I simply adored Bonnie's attitude though and I'll definitely miss it in future episodes.

For more, check out BPR for some more updates about the current cast and alum from yesteryear.

No comments: