2006/08/24

Nitemare of my life?

I'm taking Vincent's words and applying them to his win on last nite's Project Runway. I really don't feel that it was justified in the slightest. He's lucky he had one of the few truly beautiful "models" in Uli's mother and that his simple idea translated well. Try that dress on Angela's mom and see how it works out.

Ok, dumb thing to say, but I'm just slightly bitter about his win. Robert's auf? Not so much. Vincent's triumph? Yeah, kinda. I'm gonna go out there and say it - I don't like the guy. I'd rather have Malan still hang around with his awkward accent and emo personality than Vincent's eccentricities and flat out WEIRDNESS. He did impress the judges last nite but he in no way "wowed" them to the point that he could've been declared the winner. And who's to say that editing didn't play a role in that? Regardless, his design aesthetic doesn't impress me in the slightest. Same goes for Angela, but she's more of a cockroach as compared to Vincent... somehow.

Who really should've won last nite was Uli. Her use of patterns and how she really designs around them IS impressive. The same can be said about her garment for Kayne's mom. It really suited the client well and Uli was able to show off her talents again. ATL did a great job on his outfit for Robert's sister, but I felt it awkward to have him win #3 in a row. Austin Scarlett almost did that at the beginning of Season 1 and I don't think ATL is there just yet. Close, but not quite.

Jeffrey, while initially was alright, is kinda getting under my skin. Him constantly going after Angela is alright with me because, like Vincent, she should've been gone a while ago (and maybe Jeffrey should be grouped in with them?), and she kinda deserves it with her poof skirts and her goddamned rosettes. But the treatment he gave to her mother was just uncalled for. You just don't do that to someone else's family, period. I should've figured the guy out from the get-go when he completely randomly labelled Angela "femi-nazi" in episode 2.

Now it's time to countdown to Monday and fourfour's take on this week's episode.

No comments: