2006/08/10

TV Stuffs - PR, Lost, and the Thrash

Crazy happenings in my realm of television today.

Fifth episode of Project Runway was quite a change from the ordinary. Models picking designers, models determining designers' designs. However, the weakest link (that being really nutty and close-to-alien Bradley) got the auf for the week, with Michael ATL winning a much-deserved challenge. For a while, I thought Bravo was milking the drama by focusing so much on the show's silent weapon. But things worked out in the end and ATL rocked it. Really good episode tonite.

That was followed up by my own showing of the second season finale of Lost, a show that I recently fell in love with. I was initially skeptical of the show from the very beginning and having friends obsessed with it really didn't help me come onto it. Watching a few season one episodes was ok, but hard to follow simply because I didn't know enough story. Starting from the very first episode, however, I slowly get immersed in everyone's world (everyone being all the characters on the show) and got my heart tugged every which way during the season one finale and the raft-Walt-Vincent-Shannon scene. Ever since then, the show's become quite the addiction for me and that statement really couldn't be farther from the truth. The damned show has everything in there to make it so effin' good. And now that I've watched every episode in preparation for the premier of season three (October 4th, if you're interested), the show still amazes me with its constant twists and turns. For those who either are unfamilar with the show (and shame on you if you are) or not caught up, I won't reveal any spoilers, but you might as well put "WTF?!" on your forehead with a Sharpie marker because that's the point where I'm at with it. I've read theories and I've heard discussions, and I'm still thrown for a loop. The fact that a show can do that and is constantly creative week after week is head-scratching.

And lastly, the NHL released it's nationally televised schedule on Wednesday. This excites me because of the exposure that the Thrashers are going to get. There was only one Thrash game on NBC all season (and that was the home finale in April) and maybe two games on OLN (which is now Versus Network, BTW) if I remember correctly. Well, I guess someone's interested in the team because there are a bunch of games on some key networks for the upcoming season. And considering NBC's coverage of the season and the post-season, I'd say that if I can't make it to those games on those nites, I really won't be disappointed. But with John Davidson leaving broadcasting for the Blues organization (and I really do wish him and that team the best of luck in '06-'07), I wonder who will fill such a void... and, if I can recall, I think JD was a part of those games on the national schedule, not just metro NYC's MSG network for the Rangers. At any rate, here are the Thrashers' nationally televised games for the '06-'07 season:

On Versus (ex-OLN):

Mon., November 6 - vs. Boston
Mon., February 26 - @ Boston
Mon., March 12 - vs. Washington

On NBC:

Sun., January 28 - vs. Philadelphia
Sun., March 4 - vs. Carolina

Info courtesy of NHL.com's Thrashers Team Schedule

1 comment:

nan said...

I liked Bradley-- he was an awful designer, but totally cute.