2006/08/31

Macaroni Art 101 - CLOSED!

I guess everyone's wishes came true last nite on Project Runway when Angela Kesslar was eliminated. I will have to admit, though, that it was one of the hardest eliminations I've seen. Upon creating their own "international jet-setting" outfits, the designers were flown to Paris to participate in a challenge overseas at Parsons Paris next week. But upon arrival to Parsons Paris, one of them was promptly auf'd from the show. And, actually, now that I think about it, there was no true "auf" this week because of there being no Heidi. WEIRD. Anyway, yeah, Angela was flown to Paris only to leave as soon as she arrived, basically. Kinda harsh if you ask me, but whatever. I really thought she'd ride the wave of consistently "getting by" as she has throughout most of the competition, save the INC win. I mean, c'mon, rosettes/"fleurchon" on the ass? How long do you think that kind of stuff will be tolerated by the judges? Whatever... good riddance? Eh... I've been feeling mildly sorry for her during any kind of debate that ensues with Jeffrey. But am I really sad to see her away from the show? Not so much. Not every female contestant on the show can be the one and only Alison Kelly after all.

--

About the local weather - could it be any better out there today?

weather_20060831.jpg

Sure, there could be a little more sun, but the nice, consistent clouds bring down the temps and that's ok by me. Granted, I won't be out that much... but when I will be out, it won't be suicide as soon as I get into my car or walk out of the house. The summer weather is alright for about a week and then I'm all ready for everything to cool down a bunch. Keep the temperatures at a safe 70 degrees all year and I'm ecstatic.

--

Found something interesting a day or two ago. This popped up on the Thrashers website and it really intrigues/interests me. Could be fun, could be lame, could be whatever. More to come on this, I'm sure. From what it looks like in Athens and Greenville, SC, it looks like it's worth an afternoon/evening stop... especially if it's coming to the Newnan/PTC Thrashers stronghold... ha! I remember the Falcons having something in Newnan a month or two ago... if it's anything like that, I'll be into it for an hour or so. We'll see. Hopefully there will be a player's appearance or two. Scheduled stops of the Atlanta Spirit Promo Caravan, that features the Thrashers and thrilling Hawks:

Aug. 30- Athens, GA
Aug. 31- Greenville, SC
Sept. 6- Chattanooga, TN.
Sept. 7- Rome, GA
Sept. 12- Newnan/Peachtree City, GA
Sept. 19- Macon, GA
Sept. 27- Columbus, GA
Oct. 19- Birmingham, AL

--

And speaking of the Thrash, tickets for the upcoming season go on sale 10AM on Wednesday, September 6th. There's an Internet-only pre-sale going on at the ever-wonderful ticketmaster.com, so you know. I already secured my tickets for the season opener and the season finale games, which is appearing to be tradition at this point... and what's wrong with that?

No comments: